Black Veil Brides have always been a band to present a positive message to those that follow them about believing in oneself and never giving in. We caught up with the band in Clifton Park, NY on the Church of the Wild Ones Tour to record this message with frontman Andy Biersack. Check out what he has to say about self harm.
Posts Tagged ‘black veil brides’
Andy Biersack of Black Veil Brides Talks About Self Harm
Jake Pitts of Black Veil Brides Talks Bullying in Interview with Examiner.com
Examiner.com posted an interview with guitarist Jake Pitts of Black Veil Brides recently where he was asked about their fan base and problems that they go through. Check out what he had to say below as well as you can read the entire interview here.
Your fans are so passionate and so loyal. When you say that they tell you their problems, what are they going through?
A lot of them are being bullied. I tell them that you have to find something in yourself, find something you’re passionate about — for me, it was the guitar — and spend your time on that. Find something that will get you through. Middle school and high school, once you’re out and away from it, your life is so much different. The kids that get picked on and bullied are the ones that become successful. They’re talented. Look at us. We were bullied. You look the bullies up on Facebook and they’re working 9 to 5 jobs and they’re not happy; that’s what I’ve seen with the people I grew up with. It seems that the kids who get bullied do something great with their lives
Andy Biersack of Black Veil Brides Says to Believe in Yourself
We had been wanting to get Andy to record with us for some time and finally caught up with him at the Vans Warped Tour. If you are a fan of the Black Veil Brides, you know that lyrically they tell you to always believe in yourself and never give in.
BVB Ashley Purdy for CWAV
Recently Ashley Purdy tweeted this “Suicide isn’t cowardly. I’ll tell you what is cowardly; treating people so badly that they want to end their lives.♡” When asked about it he responded that he recently did a PSA for Children Without a Voice,a non-profit organization dedicated and determined in fighting crimes against children in the United States.
Children Without A Voice USA provides parenting classes, pre-school and elementary classes on how to keep themselves safe, bullying classes, teen parenting classes, and distributes FREE educational materials to organizations on a national level. Please check out their website for Ashley’s messages as well as messages from other artists.
Jinxx & Ashley Purdy of Black Veil Brides Discuss Online Presence
With a new album recently released and currently out on the 2011 Vans Warped Tour, Jinxx & Ashley Purdy of Black Veil Brides sat down with Musicians Opposed to Bullying and discussed online presence safety. They remind us to keep our passwords safe and not believe all that you are presented online.
Photos from 2011 Vans Warped Tour:
- Gabriel Cavazos of American Fangs Talks About Being Bullied
- David Draiman Talks About Cyber Bullying
- Aiden Ashley Talks About Being Bullied
- Escape the Fate Debut Powerful Video for “Ungrateful”
- “The War Against Ourselves” – Joel Faviere (Self Harm Awareness 2013)
- March 1 – Self Harm Awareness Day
- Lexus Amanda Talks About Cyber Bullying
- The Relapse Symphony Share Bullying Stories
- Andy Biersack of Black Veil Brides Talks About Self Harm
- Jake Pitts of Black Veil Brides Talks Bullying in Interview with Examiner.com
- Art Alexakis of Everclear Talks About Bullying
- Davey Richmond from Glamour of the Kills Talks About Being Bullied
- Mitch Lucker 1984- 2012
- Confessions of a Dumb Blonde, Episode 1: F@#$ Bullies
- ParaNorman – “You Don’t Become A Hero by Being Normal”
- Haley Rose – Don’t let other people determine your worth of being on this planet.
- Jeremy Saffer : Your life is not worth dying for. (important, please read)
- World Suicide Prevention Day! Today!
- Eric Bass & Zach Myers of Shinedown Discuss the Song “BULLY”
- Zach Myers of Shinedown Says You Can Rise Above This!