It saddens us that Mitch lost his life this morning due to injuries that resulted from a motorcycle accident last night. We were lucky to be able to sit down with him this past August to record an anti bullying message for Musicians Opposed to Bullying. We really didn’t think we would get this message done as we got pushed back to do it after the show. While we waited on the bus for Mitch we played with Parker, his Boston Terrier, who is just simply adorable. For anyone that follows/followed Mitch, you know what I’m talking about. Finally Mitch arrived and it was still probably close to an hour before we actually recorded our message. We instead spent the time just talking. He also wasn’t sure what to say in his message so I said to him “if your daughter came home and said she was being picked on, what would you say to her?” He went into total protective father mode! My heart goes out to those he left behind.
Category: Press Releases
Mitch Lucker 1984- 2012
Mitchell Wilson Suicide: Disabled Boy’s Death Raises Bullying Concerns
The Huffington Post Canada today had an article about a Canadian disabled boy who committed suicide after being bullied months ago. Here’s an excerpt:
The death of an 11-year-old boy with muscular dystrophy months after his assault by a bully has shined a spotlight on bullying in Canada’s schools.
Muscular dystrophy left Mitchell Wilson struggling to do simple things like walking around the block or climbing stairs. He also had to use a walker at school. Doctors had urged him to exercise regularly to stave off the disease’s effects, something that was growing increasingly difficult for the boy.
Wilson was mugged last November by a 12-year-old boy from his school. The assailant was after the iPhone Wilson borrowed from his dad. The bully was arrested and removed from the Pickering, Ont. school they both attended.
Please go here for the entire article.
Jamey Rodemeyer Honored By Lady Gaga In Tribute Song To Fight Bullying
At the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas this past weekend, Lady Gaga paid tribute to Jamey Rodemeyer who took his own life the weekend before because of bullying. Before she sang “Hair,” Lady Gaga told the crowd, “I wrote this record about how your identity is really all you’ve got when you’re in school … so tonight, Jamey, I know you’re up there looking at us, and you’re not a victim. You’re a lesson to all of us.”
Source: Huffington Post
Lady Gaga: Bullying is a hate crime, must become illegal
Since the death of jamey Rodemeyer earlier this week, Lady Gaga is on a mission to make bullying illegal. Check out this story.
- Escape the Fate Debut Powerful Video for “Ungrateful”
- “The War Against Ourselves” – Joel Faviere (Self Harm Awareness 2013)
- March 1 – Self Harm Awareness Day
- Lexus Amanda Talks About Cyber Bullying
- The Relapse Symphony Share Bullying Stories
- Andy Biersack of Black Veil Brides Talks About Self Harm
- Jake Pitts of Black Veil Brides Talks Bullying in Interview with Examiner.com
- Art Alexakis of Everclear Talks About Bullying
- Davey Richmond from Glamour of the Kills Talks About Being Bullied
- Mitch Lucker 1984- 2012
- Confessions of a Dumb Blonde, Episode 1: F@#$ Bullies
- ParaNorman – “You Don’t Become A Hero by Being Normal”
- Haley Rose – Don’t let other people determine your worth of being on this planet.
- Jeremy Saffer : Your life is not worth dying for. (important, please read)
- World Suicide Prevention Day! Today!
- Eric Bass & Zach Myers of Shinedown Discuss the Song “BULLY”
- Zach Myers of Shinedown Says You Can Rise Above This!
- Jeremy Edge of Candlelight Red Gives His Bullying Views
- Memphis May Fire – Generation:Hate (Official Lyric Video)
- Rich Ward of Fozzy Speaks About Accountability in Bullying